1.09.2008

random thoughts

~I have a friend who calls me every morning on his way to work. Inevitably he asks me ‘well, do you have anything new and exiting going on today?’ There is nothing worse then being reminded before I even get out of bed that nothing new and exiting is going to happen today. It’s a miracle I ever do get up.

~My friend Zanada texted me this am for the first time in a long time. Her text simply read ‘Today I am realizing how much I hate my job.’ Now, a good friend would worry if everything was alright. Me? I was just jealous she has just come to that conclusion.

~I have decided to back Hillary for President. I’m not really sure I agree with her BUT she is married to Bill and I would love to see more of him. All I have to say is that I don’t blame Monica.

~I hate when people want me to feel sorry for them because they can’t make relationships work. Why exactly should I feel sorry for you? The truth is I am rather envious. You are like a whole 10 steps ahead of me. I can’t start a relationship, let along screw it up!

~I am one of those people who really believes life is a competition. My friends seem to agree as we are always trying to out do one another with our stories. I have noticed a new trend the past few years, one that worries me a little. Once upon a time we were trying to outdo each other with who had the better grades, the hotter date and most importantly who drank the most before passing out. Now, it seems like we spend our time trying to prove who had the shittier day at work, who has gone the longest without getting any and sadly, who is the most hungover. Is this an indication we are just getting older or are we just that pathetic?

No comments: