1.21.2008

mlk day aka i don't have to work day!

There used to be a time when MLK day meant something to me. I would volunteer in order to try to better my community, so maybe I was just helping Natalie out but either way I was out there people! Today, it just means a day off from work, a time to mock all my friends that are working. So I will blog today about my adventures so as to help you pass the time. Or is it to rub it in? You decide.

8:20 something am: Wake up. Its my day off why am I wide awake at the same hour I snooze through every other day? Oh life really hates me.
8:39 am: Wes txts me mean message of hate about me being off, goes nicely with Meg's msg from the night before.
8:43 am: Wes calls for morning commute chat. Already forgot what we talked about other than Suzanne Pleshette passing away. After phone call I turn on the tv. Vh-1 is on and Rihanna is begging me to not let the music stop. I promise not only I wont but should I ever decide to go for black women she would be it. She is hot people. Later realize she is only 19 and was born in 1988. Feel a little dirty, I mean she was born the same year I celebrated my first decade. Feel like I need a shower now.
9:01 am Turn on the Today show. Some women are on about some book they wrote 'A girls guide to kickstarting your career into gear' This should be interesting. They tell me that simply thinking that if I work hard I will get rewarded isnt going to work. No shit sherlock. They are stupid and so is their advice. Except for this great line...one of them claims she used to have 'the sunday blues starting on tuesday afternoon.' OMG. Has anyone ever captured my work life so perfectly?!?!?!?!?!??!?

No comments: