1.13.2008

miss america

Has anyone seen/heard about the TLC show "Miss America Reality Check"?

So the women on this show, all who are going to try to be Ms. America, get told they have a dinner party challenge. One woman says "I really hope the challenge is not about dinner etiquette, because I failed that class in college." I'm sorry. Failed that class in college? What college did she go to? I can't decide if I am jealous that I couldn't go to a school that offered that kind of class (then I sure would have had my Mrs. degree by now) or if I should call my mom and dad and thank them for demanding more than me. This may sound crazy but they just assumed etiquette was taught at home and oh I don't know, literature, economics, politics, etc at college?

Turns out the challenge was to talk about controversial issues. There is not enough time to discuss the ridiculous answers to questions regarding pre-marital sex, birth control (they didn't even mention the a word), gun control and gay marriage. All I know is we must vote for Miss Vermont because she at least tried to shut up some dumb bimbo who says she 'just can't understand homosexuality, let along letting them get married."

From what I gather we will be able to vote for Miss America...I'll of course keep you posted on when the voting starts AND who to vote for :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

All I want to know is do these women have platforms? Remember when we had a platform of the week? Ahh, good times.
--Claire (not Danes)