1.14.2008

the oldest unmarried cousin

So in my last post I complained that a watched cell phone never rings...well, my finally rung last night. Since I have been ducking calls from the parents for about a week now, I felt like I needed to answer. And how do I wish I hadn't (Oprah is right, listen to your gut) because all they had to report is that yet another cousin is getting married.

While my mom is telling me this news, there was something in the tone of her voice I couldn't really identify. I think my mom has resigned herself to the fact that her sisters will never get to pass on this news about her kids. It is as if she has given up the hope that I will ever find someone and/or that my brother will finally make an honest woman out of his girlfriend. I may joke about it, but when you get the sense your own mother has given up...wow, now that's a low!

Mercifully, we managed to end the conversation before there was any mention of worrying about me because 'I am all alone.' Unfortunately, it was implied...


Oh I lied, the other news is that my mom still can't figure out how to send an email. And folks, she is the brains in the family.

No comments: