2.08.2008

starbucks

I don't go very often, and only went today because I had a gift card and wanted to share some observations...

There is no greater moment for me then getting to Starbucks in the morning in time to get the last cheese danish...

You know how you can tell who is a student, who is a housewife and who is on their way to work at Starbucks in the morning? The students are the ones laughing with each other, looking refreshed and carefree; the housewives are on the phone discussing other people's marriages not paying attention to the line, and generally being rude to the people working there; and the working folks are the ones tapping their feet/rocking themselves and constantly checking the time wondering how long does it take to make some coffee.

I got the last cheese danish this morning. And to balance what I am sure are about half my caloric budget for the day (well, if I had one it would be) I decided to try one of their new 'skinny lattes' which have way less calories. Now, I usually get non-fat milk in mine but opt for the full sugary syrup...and let me tell you that makes all the difference. Only a skinny person would enjoy a skinny latte.

I need to remember the motto of 'go big or go home' applies to ordering my morning coffee...

No comments: