2.19.2008

Cuba Si, Castro No

So I happened to check my email in the middle of the night (we won't discuss the ridiculousness of that) and saw I had a cnn.com breaking news email telling Castro is stepping down. I turn on the tv and nothing. Not even on the damn ticker.

I get distracted and forget to turn on the tv right at 5 am for American Morning. At 5:11 I turn it on and catch 2 seconds of something about it. Then they spend 10 minutes discussing steroids in baseball. Really? The man is a commie, he has been a thorn on the side of America, survived 9 American Presidencies and we can't spend some time discussing this?

And then we wonder why Americans don't care about foreign policy? 5:34 and they are finally discussing it.

ps and by the way...thank whatever god or higher power you believe in that you don't live in South Florida right now. The Cubans must be literally dancing on the streets. There will be no work done, this is all people will talk about. This fat kid wants to know, where can we get a good sandwich in this town? And who wants to join?

No comments: