4.17.2008

turns out i have some really big cojones, part 2 of the last 2 weeks

Here is the thing. On April 1st I realized I needed to quit my job. Not the whole I need to find something better bit we all go through at least once a week but a whole I need to get out right now before I either lose it or get fired. Sadly, both those were possibilities in the very immediate future.
I wanted to just walk out but Martha convinced me it was a bad idea. So I went home and had a breakdown. Then I consulted my mom, Wes and Jamie. And they all were supportive. In typical mom fashion mine said I was too good for that job anyway. Jamie told me not to worry because it wasn't like I was going to starve, she was sure one of my friends would buy me cheese dip and a margarita.
The consensus was that I was miserable and that taking control of my life was the best thing I could do for myself. So I drafted a letter of resignation and actually slept well for the first time in months!

No comments: