3.28.2008

management

So all my working life I have wanted to be on the 'management team.' Most of you know I am not that power hungry but to be honest I just wanted to have an in to hear gossip first hand. Well, now that I am 'management' or at least our version of it I am desperate to get out.

Last week we had a meeting and I decided I would track the comments being made....here are the results:
*Comments irrelevant to me outweight the relevant ones by a ration of 3 to 1.
*There were 7 comments made that were just plain stupid; 12 that were pointless.
*6 comments were made just to 'prove' tot he others the person was 'smart' and all 6 failed at achieving the goal.
*4 questions were asked that sent us into tangents we could not recover from.
*The phrase 'strategic plan' was used 8 times. And no, we are not in the midst of working on a strategic plan.

Needless to say I only paid attention at the meeting so I could report those numbers back to you.

No comments: