7.16.2008

rifle

So I am reading on sportsillustraded.com about all the ncaa championships this year and the schools that won them...Besides the common sports (like football, basketball, baseball/softball, tennis, etc) there are the 'second tier' sports like lacrosse, water polo and such. Then there are random ones that if you didn't grow up in certain parts of the country you would never think of like rowing and skiing. Then I came across rifle...now I see shooting events in the Olympics so I am not sure why I was so surprised.

The U of Alaska-Fairbanks won this year's event...why am I telling you this? Because in second place came...Army. Somehow that does not inspire confidence in me...


PS. I love and support the troops. Please do not turn me over to Fox news as unamerican...I don't have time for that!

No comments: